It is recommended that your arrangements include arriving on Saturday,
December 7, in order to attend the Business of
Baseball Workshop on Sunday, and staying through the afternoon of
Wednesday, December 11, to be available for interviews the entire
last day of the Job Fair. Note that the Gala, a popular social and networking event at the Baseball Winter Meetings, takes place Wednesday evening, so plan your travel accordingly if you intend to go.
We always say that you can't bring too many and don′t think that 50 is
overkill, as having copies made on-site can be costly.
Play-by-Play applicants should submit a demo tape
or CD and résumé in an envelope (8.5" x 5.5").
Business attire is suggested, especially for interviews. For men, a jacket and tie are recommended while a suit/dress/pants/skirt with collared shirt are suggested for women. For special events throughout the week, attire ranges from casual to business. Keep in mind that your potential future employer may be on-site during the week, so a presentable and professional appearance is recommended at all times.
Advanced registration for the PBEO Job Fair is now closed. If you haven't registered and would like to attend the Job Fair, you may still register on-site in Orlando (cash or credit card only). The registration counter opens at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 8 in the Southern Hemispheres foyer. Registration prices will increase by $50 on-site.
To view the PBEO Job Fair Registration Brochure, click
On-Site Registration Rates*
- Current Members: $214 ($200 + 7% sales tax)
- Non-Members: $264 ($200 Job Fair rate + 7% sales tax + $50 membership)
If you are a current member, your subscription must run through December 11, 2013, to register at the Current Member rate. If not, you must register at the Non-Member rate.
On-site registration counters will be open during the following hours:
|Sunday, December 8**
||7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Monday, December 9
||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|Tuesday, December 10
||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
**The Registration Counter will be in the Southern Hemisphere foyer ON THIS DAY ONLY. All other registration hours will be held at the Swan Convention Registration Desk.
If you registered in advance you will receive your registration package prior to the event and there will be no need for you to go to the registration counter. Your name badge must be worn at all times to gain entrance into the Job Posting Room and Baseball Trade Show.
Registration Refund Policy
A refund of PBEO Job Fair registration fees will be made upon written request only if the request is received on or before November 1, 2013. No refunds will be issued for registration cancellations after this date. Non-Member registration ($200) includes a one-year membership to PBEO.com, a $50 value. PBEO membership fees are non-refundable. Job Fair registrations received after October 25, 2013, as well as on-site registration, will be an additional $50 per attendee. The first 400 registered attendees will receive a PBEO gift item (while supplies last).
PBEO Job Fair attendees are responsible for making their own housing arrangements while attending the Baseball Winter Meetings and PBEO Job Fair. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort will host the Baseball Winter Meetings and PBEO Job Fair, but, because of space limitations, housing will not be available for booking at this property. However, there are numerous other hotels nearby. Neither Minor League Baseball nor PBEO makes any representation with respect to any of these properties.
If you'd like to use the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort as a reference point for your search, use the following address:
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Job Fair Process
This is not your average job fair. Companies do not have booths
where you talk to recruiters and give them your résumé. It is more likely that you will not meet a team representative until a club has chosen to interview you. We have
separate rooms for different activities, such as the Job Posting
Room, Interview Schedule Room, Workroom and Interview Room.
After reading the Job Fair process below, it may seem quite complicated. But,
trust us, it is a simple one to learn once you read through the
steps and then go through them on-site.
Job Fair Success, Step-By-Step
- Register: Either in advance through PBEO.com or on-site in Orlando. Registration will increase by $50 on-site.
- Arrange for housing and transportation.
- Read and comprehend all information on this page as well as the
Job Fair F.A.Q. page.
- Familiarize yourself with the
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.
- If you register in advance, you will receive your registration package prior to the event and there will be no need for you to check in at the registration counter,
as you will already have your name badge. If you need to register on-site, please go straight to the Job Fair registration counter.
- Wear your name badge at all times to gain entrance into all Job Fair
events and the Baseball Trade Show.
- Attend the Business of Baseball Workshop, specifically the Orientation Session.
- Be sure to understand the process of finding a job
and submitting your résumé.
- Learn the interview process.
- Show up to your interview on time and knock them dead.
Finding a Job
- Make sure you are wearing your credentials (name badge)
at all times.
- Make sure to attend the Orientation Session at the
Business of Baseball Workshop.
the appropriate hours, visit the Job Posting Room
where jobs that have been posted in
advance will be numbered and posted according to category
(e.g., Sales & Marketing, Tickets, etc.). Jobs posted after
8:00 a.m. on Monday, December 9, will be
posted by day (e.g., Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) for easier
- Find jobs in which you are interested in and make note of
the following in the upper right corner of your résumé:
- Position number and position
- Your telephone number while in town for the Job Fair
- Use the PBEO Workroom to transfer the above information
onto your résumé in the upper right corner on the FRONT of
your résumé, using one résumé per position.
- When your résumés are prepared, please deposit them
into the appropriate résumé Drop Box (by job number) on the
tables located outside the PBEO Office.
- Your résumés will be placed by Job Fair staff in the appropriate
organization's box in the office as soon as possible for
club reps to pick up. Without the accurate information requested
above, the staff cannot be certain to direct your résumé to
the intended destination. Clubs will periodically collect
and review the résumés. PBEO has no control over when clubs
will pickup résumés or schedule interviews.
- Keep checking the Job Posting Room as new jobs, when
available, will be
posted every half-hour throughout the Job Fair.
- Prepare for the interview process.
The Interview Process
- Once clubs have made a decision on who they would like to interview, they will give our staff an
- Interview schedules will be posted according to job number every hour
starting at 9:30 a.m. on Monday through 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday in the
Interview Schedule room.
- Since the schedules will be posted by job number, it is easy to
keep track and find the jobs for which you have applied. The form will
have the location where the interview will be conducted and interview time slots.
- If your name is listed on the interview schedule form, the team wants to
- Underneath the list of names will be blocks of time that the club will
be interviewing separate candidates.
- If your name is listed, write your name next to the time slot during which you would like to be
- If the club is using the Interview Room to conduct their interviews, the
Job Fair staff will have information boards set up outside the room that
will list the table number and club name. Simply find the club you are to
interview with, note the table number and be there at your designated time.
Make sure to attend the
Orientation Session being held on Sunday, December 8,
during the Business of Baseball Workshop, where the entire process
will be explained in greater detail. The Workshop will provide the
opportunity for questions and answers, so make sure you are there and
make the most of it.
There will be plenty of Job Fair staff
on-site during the event. Please feel free to ask any of
them for assistance.
PBEO was created in 1994 to continue Minor League Baseball′s
effort to provide a year-round placement service for its members. In
created so teams could search and review profiles of qualified
registrants in the PBEO databank 24 hours a day. The team can contact registrants in whom they are interested for an interview. Registered
PBEO applicants are placed in the databank according to their areas of
interest, geographical preference and date of availability. An annual
membership for the PBEO databank is $50. Membership also includes the
monthly PBEO eNews with current job openings, as well as information and
discounts on upcoming events. For more information, please visit