Quick Hits |
Job Fair Process:
How to Find a Job &
The Interview Process |
Help | PBEO Databank
Job Fair Quick Hits
Date & Location
The PBEO® Job Fair will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in
Nashville, TN, from December 2 - 5, 2012.
Arrive & Depart
It is recommended that your arrangements include arriving on Saturday,
December 1, in order to attend the Business of
Baseball Workshop on Sunday and staying through the afternoon of
Wednesday, December 5, to be available for interviews the entire
last day of the Job Fair.
Job Fair attendees are urged to bring an ample supply of résumés, as
having copies made onsite can be costly.
Play-by-Play applicants should submit a demo tape
or CD and résumé in an envelope (8.5" x 5.5").
Business attire is
suggested. Jacket and tie for the men and a suit/dress
pants/skirt with collared shirt for women. Dress to impress.
Job Fair Process
This is not your average job fair. Companies do not have booths
where you talk to recruiters and give them your résumé. It is more
likely that you will not meet a team representative until the
interview process begins (if you have been chosen by the team). We have
separate rooms for different activities such as the Job Posting
Room, Interview Schedule Room, Workroom, and Interview Room.
After reading the Job Fair process below, it may seem quite complicated, but
trust us, it is a simple one to learn once you read through the
steps and then go through them onsite.
Job Fair Success, Step-By-Step
- Register: Either in advance through this website or on-site in
- Arrange for housing and transportation.
- Read and comprehend all information on this page as well as the
Job Fair F.A.Q. page.
- Familiarize yourself with the
Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center.
- If you register in advance, you will receive your registration package prior to the event and there will be no need for you to go to the registration counter,
as you will already have your name badge. If you need to register onsite in
Nashville, please go straight to the Job Fair registration counter.
- Wear your name badge at all times to gain entrance into all Job Fair
events and the Baseball Trade Show™.
- Attend the Business of Baseball Workshop and make sure to attend the
- Be sure to understand the process of finding a job
and submitting your résumé.
- Learn the interview process.
- Show up to your interview on time and knock them dead.
Finding a Job
- Make sure you are wearing your credentials (name badge)
at all times.
- Make sure to attend the Orientation Session at the
Business of Baseball Workshop.
the appropriate hours, visit the Job Posting Room
where jobs that have been posted in
advance will be numbered and posted according to category
(Ex: Sales & Marketing, Tickets, etc.). Jobs posted after
8:00 a.m. on Monday, December 3 will be
posted by day (Ex: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) for easier
- Find jobs that you are interested in and make note of
the following in the upper right corner of your résumé:
- Position number and position
- Your telephone number while in town for the
- Use the PBEO Workroom to transfer the above information
onto your résumé in the upper right corner on the FRONT of
your résumé, using one résumé per position.
- When your résumés are prepared, please deposit them
into the appropriate résumé Drop Box (by job number) on the
tables located outside the PBEO Office.
- Your résumés will be placed, by Job Fair staff, in the appropriate
organization's box in the office as soon as possible for
club reps to pickup. Without the accurate information requested
above, the staff cannot be certain to direct your résumé to
the intended destination. Clubs will periodically collect
and review the résumés. PBEO has no control over when clubs
will pickup résumés or schedule interviews.
- Keep checking the Job Posting Room as new jobs, when
available, will be
posted every half-hour throughout the Job Fair.
- Prepare for the interview process.
The Interview Process
- Once clubs have made a decision on who they would like to interview, they will give our staff an
- Interview Schedules will be posted according to job number every hour
starting at 9:30 a.m. on Monday through 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday in the
Interview Schedule room.
- Since the schedules will be posted by job number, it will be easy to
keep track and find the jobs for which you have applied for. The form will
have the location where the interview will be conducted and interview time slots.
- If your name is listed on the Interview Schedule form, the team wants to
- Underneath the list of names will be blocks of time that the club will
be interviewing separate candidates.
- If your name is listed, you will
write your name next to the time slot during which you would like to be
- If the club is using the Interview Room to conduct their interviews, the
Job Fair staff will have information boards set up outside the room that
will list the table number and club name. Simply find the club you are to
interview with, note the table number and be there at your designated time.
Make sure to attend the
Orientation Session being held on Sunday, December 2,
during the Business of Baseball Workshop, where the entire process
will be explained in greater detail. The workshop will provide the
opportunity for questions and answers so make sure you are there and
make the most of it.
There will be plenty of Job Fair staff
onsite during the event. Please feel free to ask any of
them for assistance.
PBEO was created in 1994 to continue Minor League Baseball's
efforts of providing a year-round placement service for its members. In
created so teams could search and review profiles of qualified
registrants in the PBEO databank 24 hours a day. The team can contact
registrants whom they are interested in for an interview. Registered
PBEO applicants are placed in the databank according to their areas of
interest, geographical preference and date of availability. An annual
membership for the PBEO databank is $50. Membership also includes the
monthly PBEO eNews with current job openings, as well as information and
discounts on upcoming events. For more information, please visit