Quick Hits |
Registration Info | Job Fair Process:
How to Find a Job &
The Interview Process |
Help | PBEO Databank
Job Fair Quick Hits
Date & Location
The PBEO® Job Fair will be held at the Hilton Anatole in
Dallas, TX, from December 4
- 7, 2011.
Arrive & Depart
recommended that your arrangements include arriving on Saturday,
December 3, in order to attend the Business of
Baseball Workshop on Sunday and staying through the afternoon of
Wednesday, December 7, to be available for interviews the entire
last day of the Job Fair.
Job Fair attendees are urged to bring an ample supply of résumés, as
having copies made onsite can be costly.
Play-by-Play applicants should submit a demo tape
or CD and résumé in an envelope (8.5" x 5.5").
Business attire is
suggested. Jacket and tie for the men and a suit/dress
pants/skirt with collared shirt for women. Dress to impress.
Lay of the Land
See how the
Job Fair will be laid out in the Khmer Pavilion.
Take a look at the Hilton Anatole.
Online registration is now available. After October 21,
all registrations will be taken onsite (cash or credit card only) in
Dallas* and the price will increase by $50.
You may also download this year's
brochure which includes a registration form that you can
complete and fax back to us.
Advance Registration Rates*
- Current Members: $150
- Non-Members: $200
If you are a current member, your subscription must run through
December 8, 2011 to register at the Current Member
rate. If not, you must register at the Non-Member rate.
On-site registration counters will be open starting on Sunday, December 4,
at the Job Fair registration counter located in the hallway outside the Khmer Pavilion on the 3rd level of Atrium I at the Hilton
Anatole in Dallas, TX.
will also be open on Monday and Tuesday, December 5 and
6, from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
If you register in advance* you will receive your
registration package prior to the event and there will be no need
for you to go to the registration counter. Your name badge must be
worn at all times to gain entrance into the Job Posting Room and
Baseball Trade Show™.
* On-site registration will increase $50 for both members, to $200,
and non-members, to $250. The first 400 registered attendees will
receive a PBEO Job Fair gift item.
Registration Refund Policy
A refund of PBEO® Job Fair registration fees will be made upon written
request only if the request is received on or before November 1,
2011. No refunds will be issued for registration cancellations after
this date. Non-Member registration ($200) includes a one-year
membership to PBEO.com, a $50 value. PBEO membership fees are non-refundable. Job
Fair registrations received after October 21,
2011, as well as on-site registration, will be an additional $50 per
attendee. The first 400 registered attendees will receive a PBEO
Job Fair Process
This is not your average job fair. Companies do not have booths
where you talk to recruiters and give them your résumé. It is more
likely that you will not meet a team representative until the
interview process begins (if you have been chosen by the team). We have
separate rooms for different activities such as the Job Posting
Room, Interview Schedule Room, Workroom, and Interview Room.
After reading the Job Fair process below, it may seem quite complicated, but
trust us, it is a simple one to learn once you read through the
steps and then go through them onsite.
Job Fair Success, Step-By-Step
- Register: Either in advance through this website or onsite in
- Arrange for housing and transportation.
- Read and comprehend all information on this page as well as the
Job Fair F.A.Q. page.
- Familiarize yourself with the Hilton Anatole
and the Job Fair layout.
- If you register in advance, you will receive your registration package prior to the event and there will be no need for you to go to the registration counter,
as you will already have your name badge. If you need to register onsite in
Dallas, please go straight to the Job Fair registration counter located in
the hallway on the way to the Khmer Pavilion.
- Wear your name badge at all times to gain entrance into all Job Fair
events and the Baseball Trade Show.
- Attend the Business of Baseball Workshop and make sure to attend the
- Be sure to understand the process of finding a job
and submitting your résumé.
- Learn the interview process.
- Show up to your interview on time and knock them dead.
Finding a Job
- Make sure you are wearing your credentials (name badge)
at all times.
- Make sure to attend the Orientation Session at the
Business of Baseball Workshop.
the appropriate hours, visit the Job Posting Room
where jobs that have been posted in
advance will be numbered and posted according to category
(Ex: Sales & Marketing, Tickets, etc.). Jobs posted after
8:00 a.m. on Monday, December 5 will be
posted by day (Ex: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) for easier
- Find jobs that you are interested in and make note of
- Job number (located in the upper, right-hand
- Job title
- Your telephone number while in town for the
- Use the PBEO Workroom to transfer the above information
onto your résumé in the upper right corner on the FRONT of
your résumé, using one résumé per position.
- When your résumés are prepared, please deposit them
into the appropriate résumé Drop Box (by job number) on the
tables located outside the PBEO Office.
- Your résumés will be placed, by Job Fair staff, in the appropriate
organization's box in the office as soon as possible for
club reps to pickup. Without accurate information requested
above, the staff cannot be certain to direct your résumé to
the intended destination. Clubs will periodically collect
and review the résumés. PBEO has no control over when clubs
will pickup résumés or schedule interviews.
- Keep checking the Job Posting Room as new jobs, when
available, will be
posted every half-hour throughout the Job Fair.
- Prepare for the interview process.
The Interview Process
- Once clubs have made a decision on who they would like to interview, they will give our staff an
- Interview Schedules will be posted according to job number
every hour starting at 9:30 a.m. on Monday through 2:00 p.m. on
Wednesday in the Interview Schedule room.
(see room map)
- Since the schedules will be posted by job number, it will be easy to
keep track and find the jobs for which you have applied for. The form will
have the location where the interview will be conducted and interview time slots.
- If your name is listed on the Interview Schedule form, the team wants to
- Underneath the list of names will be blocks of time that the club will
be interviewing separate candidates.
- If your name is listed, you will
write your name next to the time slot during which you would like to be
- If the club is using the Interview Room to conduct their interviews, the
Job Fair staff will have information boards set up outside the room that
will list the table number and club name. Simply find the club you are to
interview with, note the table number and be there at your designated time.
Make sure to attend the
Orientation Session being held on Sunday, December 4,
during the Business of Baseball Workshop, where the entire process
will be explained in greater detail. The workshop will provide the
opportunity for questions and answers so make sure you are there and
make the most of it.
There will be plenty of Job Fair staff
onsite during the event. Please feel free to ask any of
them for assistance.
PBEO was created in 1994 to continue Minor League Baseball™'s
efforts of providing a year-round placement service for its members. In
created so teams could search and review profiles of qualified
registrants in the PBEO databank 24 hours a day. The team can contact
registrants whom they are interested in for an interview. Registered
PBEO applicants are placed in the databank according to their areas of
interest, geographical preference and date of availability. An annual
membership for the PBEO databank is $50. Membership also includes the
monthly PBEO® eNews with current job openings, as well as information and
discounts on upcoming events. For more information, visit: